Did you know that…
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.
- 75% of adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers are from fatherless homes.
- 90% of all runaway and homeless children are from fatherless homes.
- 32% of NYC children live in households without a father
Note: Statistics provided by the National Fatherhood Initiative.
“Father Knows Best” Basketball Tour (FKB) – A unique combination of basketball and relationship activities that supports effective fatherhood and mentoring – currently touring NYC’s 5 boroughs with the iStar Charity Foundation.
FISLL Curriculum – Seven-week program that strengthens relationships using themes of Faith, Integrity, Sacrifice, Leadership & Legacy.
“Tickets Together” Program – Essay contest where pairs of FKB & FISLL participants experience Knicks games at Madison Square Garden.
- Over 2,500 FKB participants served in 10 cities over 8 years
- 95% of FISLL participants gained valuable relationship tools; 97% gained a “great deal” or “good amount”; and 95% improved their relationships
- Deeper relationship issues referred to social service orgs
Note: Detailed impact reports and statistics available on request
Connect with the Allan Houston Foundation