Did you know that…
- Another 2.6 Million people slipped into poverty in the United States in 2010
- 46.2 million Americans now live below the poverty line, the highest in 52 years
- Corporate America is eliminating jobs at an average rate of 3% annually, underscoring the need for new business growth to spur job creation in the U.S.
- Greater entrepreneurial activity is needed in the East & Midwest regions which have fallen to 6% versus the West & Southwest at 12%
Note: According to the New York Times, Kauffman Foundation
Business Education & Development Program (BEDP) – Six month curriculum to empower young adult entrepreneurs with education, mentoring and business plan writing.
Small Business Incubator – Additional year of support to BEDP graduates providing start-up capital, office space and advisors to launch their businesses.
- 137 young entrepreneurs trained in 2 cities over 2 years
- 93 new business enterprises created by participants
- 80% of participants increased their income; 83% gained financial independence; 91% improved their self esteem; and 92% improved the quality of their life
Note: Detailed impact reports and statistics available on request
Connect with the Allan Houston Foundation
Visit the BEDP Online Participant Network for the latest news and activities about our entrepreneurship program!